All schools are required to have safeguarding-child protection policies. Whilst the policy is important it is the implementation and ethos of the school that really matters. Beatrix Potter has always enjoyed the confidence of parents in these matters and continues to foster an ethos where children, staff and parents care about the safety and welfare of all our children and will report any issues that may affect them.
Here in pdf format is our current policy:
- Safeguarding / Child Protection Policy
- Safeguarding children and young people from serious youth violence and knife crime
Our Safeguarding Leading Staff are Mrs Gleed-Smith, Mrs L Jones our SENCO and in their absence Mrs J Jones. Mr Neale has overall insight as Head teacher. Children and parents can approach anyone of them if they have a concern or question about keeping our children safe.
- Information and help on keeping your child safe on line is on our E Safety page.
- Guidance on tutors, a practical set of information to consider when looking at tutors and other activities: Parents guidance re tutors coaches etc (pdf)
- Who to contact at school, Children & Parents: Safeguarding Contacts