Welcome to Our new Reception Children and parents
Here are a range of documents for you to download and read about reception and how it operates.
- Reception – People who help us! (pdf)
- What to expect (pdf)
- Voluntary Contribution 2020 (doc)
- Special Dietary Requirements form (doc)
- The road to school (pdf)
- Parent Mail Pay 2020 (doc)
- Parent data requested by others 2020 (doc)
- Early Years Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Digital Rights 2020 (doc)
- Book List (pdf)
- BP Privacy Notice Parents 2020 (doc)
- Application form for pupil premium & free school meals (doc)
- 50 things to try before you start school (pdf)
With the Covid situation we have full plans for bringing our children back into school:
- September Parent Info (doc)
- Times at a Glance (doc)
- Menu for Packed Lunch (doc)
- School Lunch Form (doc)
- Pre and after School Service Form (doc)
If you go to our news page additional details are available to you.
Our All about Me Book and September Updates, plus the Boroughs Child Menu for meals in September.
- All About me book 2020 (doc)
- Menu for Packed Lunch (doc)
- Nursery and Reception September updates (doc)
Take a Virtual Tour around the class during the covid situation
We teach our children to use cursive script from day one. It is not easy but a lot easier that teaching children to print and then asking them to add to the letters to make them join.
Click on our videos to join in with your child with cursive script handwriting;
We welcome parents in to help with reading and other activities after the first half term when the children have settled. Please talk to Ms Bell/Mrs Hodgins about morning help. Please ask about Police checks at the office. Helping your child read, slides from the recent presentation.
If you have any expertise to offer, eg art, science, music, gym etc, please let us know and we will sort out a mutually suitable time for you to work with a small group of children.
Children are able to enjoy a piece of fruit through the EU fruit scheme each morning play.
School starts at 9am and the school bell will ring at 8.55am by which time you should be in the playground ready to start school. Lateness is not acceptable without a sound reason. Year one line up in the key stage one playground. Uniform is part of the school ethos and is expected to be worn (details on our web)
Contacting teachers. Trying to talk to the class teacher in the morning simply halts a calm start to the day. If you need to talk urgently go to the office where they can pass on urgent messages. Do ask to talk to teachers at the end of the day, e mail the school or hand them a note in the morning. If there is a difficulty they will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Trips. Local area trips where the children might walk down the library will not need your permission. Travelling further a field or with transport will require your permission. Obviously we have to charge (Charging Policy is on our web) but we always aim to keep costs down and we can on many occasions reduce costs by subsidising some trips.
If you are asking someone else to collect you child at the end of the day we must have a letter or an e mail to confirm who this is with. We will not let children leave without permission in writing. If this is a regular occurence one letter with details will suffice.
As the weather gets colder, please send your child to school appropriately dressed for the weather as the children will spend time in activities outdoors.
- Parents Information sheet EYFS (pdf)
- What your children will cover each term. Reception Curriculum Map (pdf)